Host/s: German Universities
Subject/s: All Fields
About this Scholarship:
The DAAD is the world’s largest funding organisation for the international exchange of students and researchers. DAAD research grants provide young foreign academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research and continue their education in Germany. There are funding programmes for various qualification phases and stages in a career. The grants also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
The aim of this grant programme is to support doctoral projects in Germany.
Who can apply? Excellently-qualified young academics and scientists who have completed a Master’s degree or Diplom, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research.
Duration of the funding
- a maximum of four years; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant’s work schedule.
Value of the Scholarship
- Monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates
- 1000 euros/month for Ph.D candidates
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
The most important selection criteria:
- A convincing and well-planned research project or course of continuing education
- Academic achievements
- Additional documents that prove academic suitability or provide information about extracurricular activities will also be considered in the assessment
- August -October of every year
- You can find information on the precise deadlines for the submission of applications and on the address to which applications must be submitted as well as additional country-specific information by going to the scholarship database. You can also obtain this information direct from the DAAD Regional Offices or from the German Mission (Embassy or Consulate General) in your home country.