We use raisins to enhance the taste and beauty of any sweet food. Many people also use raisins for polao, korma and many other foods. Even if we use cooking, we do not eat raisins in general. Many people think that eating such things is not good for health. This is not really true. Eating raisins on regular basis is quite beneficial for health.
Health Benefits of Raisins
- Raisins consist of fibers, which swells whenever they consume water and comfortably provide release from constipation. Regular eating raisins help to regularize bowel movements because the fibers take away the harmful toxins and also waste materials from the gastrointestinal system.
- Iron(Fe) and copper(Cu) including B complex vitamins present in the raisins are essential for the formation of RBC. Intake of raisins on regular basis helps to overcome iron deficiency anemia and enhances blood clotting at the time of wound healing.
- Raisins are burdened with phenolic photochemicals, which are well known for their anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties. By fighting against viral and bacterial infections, they may help to relieve from fever.
- The polyphenolic anti-oxidants, known as catechins, present in raisins scavenge the free-radicals that lead to the growth and development of malignant tumors, especially colon cancer. As a result, having raisins in your diet is an efficient process to get rid of the formation of cancer cells.
- Acidosis is an unusual metabolic circumstance characterized by toxicity of blood, which frequently generates gases in the respiratory system. This disorder is dangerous because it can be responsible for health risks such as boils, skin infections, arthritis, gout, renal calculi, serious hair loss, cardiovascular disease and even cancer. Potassium and magnesium existing in raisins are essential elements of antacids. Since the nature of their aqueous solution is basic, they have an impact on neutralizing the acids, hence preventing acidosis.
- Raisins contain polyphenolic phytonutrients, which protects our eyes from potentially harmful radicals, resulting in macular degeneration, cataracts, and age-associated weakening of visions. These include beta-carotene, vitamin A and carotenoids, which greatly improve eyesight and protect our eyes 100% pure and well-sharpened.
- Raisins contain oleanolic acid that gives proper protection against tooth decay, cavities and tooth brittleness. It stops the growth of bacterial species Streptococcus Mutans and Porphyromonas Gingivalis, which can lead to cavities and other dental complications. Aside from that, raisins are abundant with calcium, which restricts destroying or peeling away of teeth and enamel and makes them much stronger. Boron found in raisins helps to prevent the growth of microorganisms as well as whitens the teeth.
- Being filled up with carbohydrates, especially natural sugars such as fructose and glucose, raisins are the best source of energy. They help efficient rate of absorption of vitamins, proteins as well as other nutrients in our body. They are usually eaten by body builders and athletes to provide a quick boost of energy.
- Iron in raisins is useful in the treatment of sleeping disorders as it improves the level of quality of sleeping in an individual.
- Raisins are well loaded with iron, potassium, anti-oxidants and also B-complex vitamins, that really help to manage normal blood pressure level. The high level of potassium, most importantly, lowers the tension of blood vessels and reduces blood pressure naturally and at the same time the dietary fibre has an effect on the biochemistry of blood vessels and lowers their stiffness, thus cutting down hypertension. The high-level of potassium and inadequacy of sodium make raisins suitable food or a heart-healthy diet.
- Raisins possess calcium, which is actually the crucial element of our bones. It contributes greatly to strengthen bones and improves bone development. They are proven to be the most effective sources of boron, a micro-nutrient that is needed by the body in inadequate amounts. This micro-nutrient is essential for bone construction and calcium absorption. It is significantly effective in preventing menopause introduced osteoporosis in women and builds up bones and joints.
- Daily intake of raisins will provide proper protection against cardiovascular disease. By reducing cholesterol levels as well as triglyceride levels, raisins greatly improve the overall situation of your cardiovascular system, consequently decreasing the associated risk of strokes, hypertension and heart attack.
- It is already proved that the potassium(K) has the great effect on the destruction of kidney stones. As raisins are an important source of potassium, therefore, consuming them on a regular basis may help to prevent the growth as well as the reappearance of kidney stones.
- Physical exercise along with eating raisins proportionately may be a good way to reduce body weight. The maximum fiber amount in raisins will keep you full for a longer time. Raisins are extremely crucial for underweight people who want to gain weight in a healthy and balanced way. They are loaded with natural sugars, fructose and glucose, which will help in gaining of weight without increasing the bad cholesterol levels.