Host: University of Cambridge, UK
Subject: Chemistry (Applying to study for an MPhil or Ph.D. in Chemistry)
About This Scholarship:
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship programme was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university.
Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Applying to pursue one of the full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- Ph.D. (three-year research-only degree)
- M.Sc. or MLitt (two-year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
Dependent on your course – either 6 December 2017 or 4 January 2018
* Please search the check box for the deadline for your desired course
- Two academic references
- Evidence of competence in English
- Curriculum vitae
- Department application form (The form can be downloaded from here: http://www.ch.cam.ac.uk/pgapp/files/department_application.docx)
- If you wish to be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship (See Gates Cambridge for more information) you will also need to provide the following:
- Gates Cambridge Reference
- Research Proposal (PhD applicants only)
Value of the Scholarship:
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional, discretionary funding.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is one of the most generous international scholarships available. It covers the following costs:
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£14,900 for 12 months at the 2017-18 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- For more benefits click here
The Apply Now button will take you to the Applicant Portal, where you can create and submit your application and supporting documents, and request references.
An application is only complete when:
- you have submitted your application and supporting documents via the Applicant Portal
- you have paid the £50 application fee
- your referees have provided their references.