At early stage, most students and researchers fail to understand what a research proposals means. A research proposal is proposed to convince others that you have a good research project and that you have the capability to complete it.
Generally, a research proposal should contain all the key elements involved in the research process and include sufficient information for the readers to evaluate the proposed study. Research proposals must address the following questions: What you plan to accomplish, why you want to do it and how you are going to do it.
Format for a good research proposal
- Research Topic
- Research Aims
- Literature Review
- Research Plan*
The research plan may include the following sections:
a. General methodology
b. Research Questions
d. Stages in the Research
e. Scope and Problems
f. Resources Required
g. Time Lines
As we know that the research proposal is an important document to get admission or scholarship for Ph.D study. It is very hard for a fresh student to write a good proposal. However, in order to write a good research proposal the following points should be considered:
1. Writing skill
2. On what topic and under whose supervision, you want to conduct your research.
3. You should download some research papers related to your research work
4. The format of research proposal is same to as research paper
5. After reading some research papers ( related to your proposed works), you may get knowledge about how to write abstract, introduction, synthesis methods and result discussion
6. You can also write a good introduction if you elaborate the keywords of your topic properly ( for this you have to read many published articles)
7. You should be conscious about reference ( for reference writing, you can follow Elsevier Journals)
8 Finally you have to make a good story ( in your Introduction Part) to attract readers or evaluation committee members