After finishing this lecture you will be able:
- Know the five soil forming factors, and understand how they influence on soil properties
- Learn about the types and textures of soil within a soil profile.
- Determine soil physical, chemical, and biological properties.
- Discuss the effects of soil pH on cation-exchange capacity and availability of nutrients.
- Discuss and understand the importance of essential plant nutrients
- List the available sources of macro and micro-nutrients.
- Study the characteristics of heavy metal contaminated soils and remediation
- Environmental Chemistry By A.K. Dey
- Online Open Sources