Sub/s: Master’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
Host: Technical University of Denmark
Supervisor: Søren Kegnæs
About This Scholarship
A Ph.D. fellowship is now available in the Centre for Catalysis and Sustainable Chemistry (CSC) at DTU Chemistry, Technical University of Denmark. CSC is applying an application-oriented research strategy and employs currently about 15-20 Ph.D. students and post docs in an international environment.
The position will involve inorganic and organic synthesis mainly nanostructural materials, structural characterization, and catalyst testing in different organic reactions. Ph.D. fellow will be performing synthesis, characterization and catalytic tests of the catalysts using a number of different techniques.
- The candidate should have a strong background in experimental chemistry and commitment to research.
- The candidate should have a solid background in inorganic and organic synthesis. The ideal candidate also has a solid background in catalysis and synthesis of nanostructural materials.
- Candidates should have the ability to work independently, to plan and carry out complicated tasks, and to be a part of a large, dynamic group.
- Good communication skills in both written and spoken English are expected.
Salary and appointment terms
The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for PhD degree students. The period of employment is 3 years. The position is available for from February 2018 or shortly after.
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and excel spreadsheet here)